ECTS – ERA EDTA CKD-MBD WG Workshop
A new initiative between ECTS and ERA-EDTA Working Group on Chronic Kidney Disease and Mineral Bone Disorder (CKD-MBD), this joint workshop will review and discuss the emerging scientific and clinical insights in CKD-MBD, the assessment of bone health and latest update on vascular calcification.
Online Session Monday 8 December 2020
Workshop Chairs: Martine Cohen-Solal, Ziad Massy, Pablo Urena, Sandro Mazzaferro
Pre-recorded presentations are available On Demand in the ECTS Education Resource Center. You can find instruction how to access Education Resource Center here. The pre-recorded talks should be viewed in advance of the live Q&A.
- The variety of bone patterns in CKD (Tilman Drueke, France)
- Is there an epigenetic regulation of bone in CKD (Barbara Obermeyer-Pietsch, Austria)
- Diagnostic value of Trabecular Bone Score in Kidney Transplant (Lida Tartaglione, Italy)
- Increased PTH maintains bone mineral density in patients with CKD (Pierre-Emmanuel Cailleaux, France)
- How to assess bone health in CKD (P. Evenepoel, Belgium)
- Bone imaging in CKD (G. Elder, Australia)
- The role of FGF23 and Klotho in vascular calcifications (Smeeta Sinha, UK)
- Mechanisms of vascular calcifications and how to translate to the clinics (Ziad Massy, France)
Live Q&A 8 December 2020, 14:30 – 15:30 CET
The CKD-MBD Expert Forum was supported by Amgen (Europe) GmbH and Fresenius Kabi France in the form of an educational grant. The sponsors had no influence on the content of the programme.